So much laughter happened tonight.
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”.
Ugh I love my coworkers so much.
Dem legs doe.
After our bible study tonight, Paul was getting ready to leave and I did my usual thing where I didn’t even budge while sitting on the couch. I’m not going to act like I’m about to leave when my intention is to stay as late as possible. So he left and then it was just me, Daniel, and Benjamin. Daniel stuck around for about 15 minutes but then Benjamin and I started picking on each other like we usually do and then a rare quiet moment happened and Daniel threw up his hands and said something along the lines of “I can’t stand the sexual tension between you two” and went to his room. (The only words I for sure heard were “sexual tension” because he said them louder and with emphasis.) To which I uttered words, any words I could think of to change the topic as soon as possible. I think I came up with “Anna Beth” because I had been trying to find a text about her. Yeah. Smooth, Kaylen. Benjamin promptly went to the bathroom. And that was that. When he came out we talked for an hour or so as if nothing had been said.
Mission Keep-Pretending-There’s-Nothing-Between-Us is getting harder and harder to keep topic secret.